Rhythm vs Routine - Finding a Daily Balance
I love the ocean, the sea, and of course, the beach. The sound of waves crashing the shore makes me feel connected, centered, and restored. Do you know there is something amazingly healing about this process? It is like going with the flow. It reminds us of the relevance of maintaining a wavelike rhythm in our minds and bodies.
Routine, on the other hand, adds stability to your life. The sun rises every day, shines in the sky, and sets during dusk. Similarly, you get up every day, feel hungry, eat food, work, feed your pet, and go to sleep at night. Every day we do several things that we have been doing for months and years. It is called routine. It was, is, and will remain an integral part of our lives.
So, what makes rhythm different from routine? Let us find out together.
Why is Rhythm a Crucial Element of Life?
“Life is about rhythm. We vibrate, our hearts are pumping blood, we are a rhythm machine, that's what we are.” - Mickey Hart.
What makes rhythms such a dominant element of life? Let us find out:
- Rhythms, both internal and external, are consistent in our lives, like seconds, minutes, and hours in a day.
- Do you know that rhythm stimulates rhythm? It is like a jigsaw puzzle. The more you explore, the more answers you get. It connects your body and mind on a different level.
- Rhythm makes you flexible. It reminds you of how powerful you are. You can change the rhythm of your life by changing specific sequences and patterns.
- You would be surprised to know that the majority of our personal life choices are based on rhythm.
Habits to Set the Rhythm of Life
Some habits can assist you in maintaining a healthy rhythm in life. These will play a vital role in navigating you through the journey of life. Keep reading on as we outline these crucial habits for you:
- Learn to strike a balance between your work and life.
- Take some time out to reflect. Share how you feel about things with your loved ones.
- Audit your life choices. Try to make happiness and gratitude integral parts of your life.
- Give quality attention to your family and friends.
- Eat well, get good sleep, and stay physically fit. This will help streamline your thought process.
- Invest time in faith and spirituality. You can also get in touch with a professional for better guidance.
Why is Having a Daily Routine Crucial?
Mike Murdock once said, “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine” In other words, your future is hidden in your current lifestyle routine. How?
- Routine helps in structuring professional life.
- It stimulates a rhythm in life and guides you in making mindful choices that offer long-term benefits.
- Having a defined routine saves time, which is the most crucial resource of life.
- A routine creates velocity and self-confidence. Moreover, attaining life goals becomes easier when you have a set routine in life.
Tips to Start a Routine
- Prioritising what is crucial for you. It can be anything; alone time, exercises, and so on.
- Break one large goal into several sub-goals. It will make the task appear doable.
- Plan your activities and time.
- Try to be consistent and track your performance.
- Be prepared. If you plan to wash your car once a week, make sure you have all the cleaning tools ready with you.
- Reward yourself for accomplishing your goals. It will encourage you to carry on.
- Last but not least, make sure you enjoy the process. See yourself transforming into a more mature and responsible person.
Here’s Our Take
You see, rhythm and routine are two different concepts that play significant roles in shaping our lives. Rhythm encourages mindfulness and inner growth. On the other hand, routine stimulates overall personality development.
Rhythm is something implicit, inherent, and internal. However, routine is more external and acquired. Yoga and meditation can help you in sync with the rhythm of life. Discipline and dedication can help you design a routine in your daily life.
So, did you get the rhythm? Or did the routine get you? Don't worry; you need not make a choice between rhythm or routine. All you need to do is find a balance that works for you.