Rice Bran Oil - Know your ingredients
This oil is Japan’s secret ingredient, and the people there are known to apply it to their hair and skin. Rice Bran Oil is well known in Asian culture as one of the best anti-aging ingredients. In Japan, the phrase “you have a rice bran splendor” has been used traditionally to compliment a person’s youthful complexion.
A chief staple diet ingredient, rice is made up of several layers. Rice Bran Oil, also called Rice Bran Extract, is derived from the hard, outer layer of rice—the bran. Bran, a byproduct of rice milling, is the layer that lies under the husk (Quick Fact: Removing this nutrient-rich bran allows for the transformation of brown rice into white rice). After being harvested, the bran is either pressed by hand or cold pressed through machinery to obtain this magical oil. This oil is an alternative to fatty and other chemically-processed oils. However, it is beneficial not only for your health but also for your skin and hair.
Do check out Vilasa’s Restoring Daily Face Oil which has rice bran oil as a key ingredient.
Rice Bran Oil for Skin
Rice Bran Oil is infused with Vitamin E and can deeply penetrate your skin, thereby nourishing it from within. Its USP is the oil’s ability of skin regeneration and moisture retention. What are the benefits of this oil?
- Your skin feels smooth and healthy!
- It also helps prevent premature wrinkles & fine lines
- Evens the skin tone & texture
- Very suitable for acne prone skin
- Calms irritated skin, heals sun-damaged skin, and helps reduce the severity of eczema.
- Improves blood circulation and evens out the skin texture.
- Any puffiness under the eye or appearance of dark circles can be reduced through regular usage of rice bran oil.
What makes Rice Bran Oil so great?
- Vitamin B — Rice Bran Oil contains various types of antioxidant Vitamin B, including (B1), (B3), as well as (B5)and (B6). Vitamin B helps soothe the skin, and in evening out hyperpigmentation. By better allowing the skin to retain moisture, Vitamin B easily penetrates the skin to protect and strengthen the skin’s barrier.
- Vitamin E — Thanks to its soothing, softening, and protecting properties, Vitamin E is often used in anti-aging skin care products. It’s also used in after-sun products to rehydrate and alleviate redness and irritation. Anti-inflammatory & anti-aging, it even helps increase the efficacy of SPF products by absorbing energy from UV rays and thereby preventing sun-induced free radical damage like wrinkles and fine lines. Multitasking Vitamin E helps keep our complexions firm, youthful, and radiant.
- Squalene — Highly moisturizing and easily absorbed, it is found naturally in our skin’s sebum, helping to protect the barrier and aid in cell regeneration for a fresh, radiant glow. Locks in moisture and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Gamma Oryzanol — Naturally occurring, the highly antioxidant, anti-inflammatory Gamma-oryzanol promotes blood circulation, reduces puffiness and uneven skin tone while diminishing the appearance of under-eye dark circle
- Fatty Acids — Acting as the building blocks of our skin’s membrane, fatty acids help protect our skin’s barrier while keeping skin hydrated. Rice Bran Oil is rich in both linoleic and oleic fatty acids.
- Linoleic Acid — Linoleic Acid is an omega-6 essential fatty acid, meaning it’s critical for human health but isn’t produced naturally in the body. By strengthening the skin’s barrier, Linoleic Acid protects against UV rays and environmental pollution that can cause free radical-induced wrinkles. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help reduce acne.
- Oleic Acid— An Omega-9 fatty acid, Oleic Acid protects the skin’s barrier, locking in moisture and protecting us from pollution and the elements. This anti-inflammatory fatty acid helps the skin retain its firmness and elasticity, allowing for a more youthful appearance.
Rice Bran Oil for Hair
Rice Bran Oil acts as a natural sun protection for your hair. The ferulic acid present in the oil does a solid job of reviving hair growth. This oil has plenty of Vitamin E supply that repairs and builds tissues when applied to your scalp. The oil’s anti-inflammatory properties help end inflammation and repair damaged hair follicles. Additionally, Vitamin E also combats premature hair greying. Rice Bran Oil creates a protective layer around the hair cuticle to prevent breaking. Many celebrity hairstylists swear by Rice Bran Oil and its benefits. Add this wonder oil to your regime that works great for all hair types!