Aloe Vera has been used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes for over 5000 years. It has been reported to be used by ancient Egyptians, who called it “the plant of immortality” due to its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects. Cleopatra used to apply it daily on her skin and called it “the elixir of immortality”, establishing its anti-ageing benefits.
The benefits of Aloe Vera are surprisingly extensive & multi-spectrum! A simple homegrown plant with excellent benefits for your skin & body like Aloe Vera is a rarity:
- Anti-inflammatory: It contains compounds called anthraquinones that reduce swelling caused due to pimples, giving your skin a less puffy appearance.
- Soothing & sun protection: These compounds also alleviate pain or burns, instantly soothing your skin. It can also protect against UV damage by creating a protective barrier over your skin. This is why Aloe Vera has been used to treat sunburns and other injuries for years.
- Healing & anti-bacterial: Aloe Vera is full of antibacterial compounds, which can effectively treat antibacterial infections and soothe the skin simultaneously.
- Cell regeneration & delays ageing: Anthraquinones and other compounds like antioxidants also promote cell renewal and repair. This makes Aloe Vera great for quick healing of injuries. Not just skin cells, Anthraquinones also stimulate the growth of scalp cells, making aloe vera an excellent hair fall remedy.
- Hydrating & helping retain natural moisture: Aloe Vera is rich in many enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, polysaccharides, and phytosterols. These compounds act as humectants, meaning they pull and retain moisture. This hydrates and nourishes your dry skin and boosts the elasticity of the collagen fibers in your skin, effectively reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Cleansing & detoxifying the skin: The mixed bag of compounds in Aloe Vera, especially the enzymes, is very effective in cleansing your body of unwanted impurities. When used as a drink, they can exfoliate the skin and detoxify your digestive system.
Vilasa’s Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Extract is bundled with Aloe Vera's goodness in its most potent form. Aloe Vera does just great as a stand-alone ingredient. However, pair it with other natural ingredients, and you have multipurpose formulations that soothe and nourish.
How can you incorporate Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Extract in your skincare regime with Vilasa?
- Rich in enzymes, Aloe Vera helps exfoliate the skin to make it smoother. Paired with Activated Bamboo Charcoal as a scrubbing agent with our Aabha face & Body Scrub, it works wonders for your skin.
- Vilasa’s Mridu Body Butter is an example of a multipurpose formulation that deeply nourishes the skin by hydrating and protecting it.
- Bath essentials from Vilasa contain this magical ingredient to rejuvenate tired and dull skin. Try the Gush Body Wash or Seher Shower Cream as a healthy replacement for your current shower gel.
- Why not incorporate this ingredient as a part of your post-shave skincare? Our After Shave Salve can give you the best aftershave care and soothe your razor bumps while hydrating the skin.
- No more cracked or dry heels for you! Witness a velvety & smooth finish with our Elbow & Foot Therapy Cream infused with the goodness of Aloe-Vera
- Tired of face wash that dries your skin? Try our Purifying Face Cleanser that is formulated with ECOCERT & Certified Organic ingredients for a long last smooth finish. Promotes production of Hyaluronic Acid that gives your skin long-lasting hydration
- Our Carrot Seed Oil (the best plant-based Retinol there is!) infused Balancing Body Lotion is a quick-absorbing, non-greasy body lotion for glowing & healthy skin.